Wednesday 2 May 2012

Mrs Nansen's App Crawl

Hi Everyone!  Let me introduce you to a new segment on our blog called "Mrs Nansen's App Crawl".  

I'm a big advocate of using technology where appropriate in and out of the classroom to help students in their learning.  I have shared with the class on a few occasions useful applications I've found on itunes store (I own an iPad and use it frequently in class - sorry i'm not much help when it comes to Google Android!) that are very practical for the areas of the curriculum we have been covering.  I have found the students find these apps easy to use and they have proved to be beneficial with their learning.   I will feature these segments every now and then for you to check out if you like.  Please let me know if you find this useful!


App 1  Clockmaster:  We used this app both as a whole class and one on one whilst studying "Measurement: Time" in term one.  The game presents an analogue clock displaying a time that the students must present on either an analogue clock, or in word format at the bottom.  This was a GREAT app that really helped by way of providing plenty of repetition to cement the time concepts taught during maths lessons.

App 2 Geometry for Kids:  In term one we also studied Geometry.  I found this app covered nearly every concept we learnt in class and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the 'tests' after the revision section to see their learning achievement.  




App 3  Dictionary.com:  This is a very throrough dictionary that is useful when a paper dictionary/thesaurus is not on hand.  It offers a range of definitions for words requiring students to work out the most appropriate via process of elimination and also has a thesaurus function to find synoyms

No comments: